Holiday Drinks and Sweet Olive Love
Sweet Olive Boutique
Holiday season is upon us! This time of the year is a favorite for the both of us for several reasons.
- The clothes! There are so many amazing patterns and material that just fit right in with Thanksgiving and all of the winter holiday festivities.
- Amazing food because calories don’t count on Thanksgiving right?
- Holiday drinks:) These are our specialties! Keep reading to find the recipe for one of our favs.
- Family and friends. With both of us living away from our families right now, the holidays are the perfect time to take a break, hang with the family and close friends, and for at least a few days, unplug from work!
Del will be sipping titos and splashing in the waves on Pine Island, FL with her family. Oh and can’t forget munching on the legendary orange crunch cake from the Bubble Room! While Del is soaking up the rays, Mel will hopefully be taking her first ski lesson and cooking a small thanksgiving dinner for two! (Nate helps with the cooking too!)
There is one thing we work towards during this time of the year, especially when traveling, being as comfortable as possible without looking like we are in our pajamas. This season, we were introduced to a little boutique in Indiana called Sweet Olive, that made it a lot easier to just be cute and comfy, without putting in all the effort. We had the chance to meet up with a good friend of ours, Steph (Trendy In Indy), who has been in the blogging world for a while now, and shot some great outfits for the holidays! Comfy, cute, and lets you eat as many carbs as you want to on Thanksgiving without showing it -- We are hooked!
This boutique has so many soft, adorable, and practical pieces for everyone. You’ll want to put this place on your list for christmas presents too! Use melanddel15 for a discount on your next purchase.
Now onto the real fun--Coffee with an Edge?
This is a super easy drink recipe that will take the edge off the uncomfortable questions relatives like to ask such as:
- Are you seeing anyone? “Mostly Champagne”
- How many kids do you want? “How many is 3 - 5 + 2? -- ZERO”
- What are you life plans? “Life plan? I don’t even know if I put on underwear today!”
The KAHLUA will help with these questions - promise! I love homemade whipped cream, so I made my own. If you are trying to drink this sooner, use some redi whip!
For the Coffee
- 1-2 shots KAHLUA (depends on how strong you want it)
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1 cup Whipping cream*
- Teaspoon Sugar
- Teaspoon Vanilla
Step 1: Pour 1 cup of whipping cream in a chilled bowl. Use a Beater to whip the cream until almost stiff peaks form. Sprinkle in the sugar and vanilla. Whip the cream one more time until stiff peaks form. AKA when you pull the beaters out the whipped cream sorta sticks up like the top of a mountain. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar.
Step 2: Pour hot coffee in your favorite mug! Pour in 1-2 shots depending how strong you want your coffee (two shots if you’re me!) Add a dash of cinnamon and stir.
Step 3: Top the coffee and KAHLUA with some of that yummy whipped cream. Sip and watch your tastebuds do a happy dance!
Make this drink your own by adding some peppermint syrup, Rumchata, sub hot coco instead of coffee, or anything else your heart desires!
*Dairy free ladies use coconut cream instead of whipped cream!
Pinkies out and good vibes,
Mel & Del