Five Reasons Why Aerie is Getting It Right
Pink Aerie Sweatshirt
Ever just feel kinda shitty about yourself? And then negative self-talk demons begin filling your head. Same here girlfriend. Something the both of us have focused a lot on throughout our 20’s is loving ourselves. But we will admit first hand, this is easier said than done. Life is messy and sometimes emotions get the best of you. You see another girl looking amazing in the shirt you just tried on last week and felt like a potato in. Then you spend the rest of your day wondering, “why am I a potato girl?”
About three years ago, a company we both always loved started a new campaign that really stuck out to us. Ever heard of the “Aerie Real” campaign? If not, what are you doing! Go google the crap out of it, because it actually will change your life.
Isn't it refreshing to see real, untouched, and unapologetically themselves ladies in advertisements for clothes, bathing suits, and lingerie?! One of the easiest things to do is compare yourself to others in a negative light. Aerie has been making it easy to not play the comparison game but to simple love the way you are!
Reasons we absolutely love Aerie:
- Promoting Body Positivity It’s easy to fall into negative self talk- “I have thunder thighs” “I hate my freckles” “Why am I not skinny enough” the list goes on. Aerie is taking their platform to shed light on the fact that we should appreciate our bodies instead of talking down to them.
- The models are relatable! Women from every demographic, size, height, etc are represented in this campaign. It is a breath of fresh air to celebrate all women in every form!
- EVERYTHING IS COMFORTABLE. When you walk into an Aerie store, you can’t go two feet without feeling the clothes because they are THAT soft.
- The clothes are affordable Lingerie and bathing suits can be SO expensive. Aerie has great prices and even better sales! Cute and affordable is ideal when you have just graduated college and are trying to pay your bills.
- Iskra Lawerance. Aerie couldn’t have picked a more passionate person to be their spokesperson. Iskra openly talks about her journey loving herself for all that she is. If you are in need of some extra positivity, go check out her Instagram and youtube channel.
Mel found the cutest, comfiest, and simplest Aerie sweatshirt that we are obsessed with. If we have the chance to go out in comfy clothes we take it, and this sweater gives you all the freedom to be yourself and feel great!
Del dressed it up with some faux leather pants, high top sneakers, and black suede hat for the perfect badass look! Mel went for the laidback mountain style with timberlands, pom beanie hat, and black leggings.
Sending you love, body positivity, and good vibes, Mel & Del